European Final Conference - Children's Rights Behinds Bars
Human Rights of Children deprived of liberty; Improving Monitoring Mechanisms
Date: 15 February 2016 (9:00 - 17:30)
Place: European Economic and Social Committe
Rue Belliard, 99
One day plenary session including time for questions/comments and the sharing of experiences.
Simultaneous translation French/English.
The programme is available by clicking on this link.
1. Presentation, promotion and dissemination of the Practical Guide: Monitoring Places of Deprivation of Liberty for Children.
2. Awareness raising on the importance of:
- The monitoring of all places where children are deprived of their liberty;
- The child specific aspects of the monitoring of places of deprivation of liberty for children and the need to adopt a child rights based approach;
- A clear monitoring strategy including a monitoring methodology that ensures the efficient preparation, implementation and follow up of visits;
- Communication and cooperation between monitoring bodies of places of deprivation of liberty for children, at international, regional and national levels.
3. Recall the EU and international standards on the protection of children deprived of their liberty
4. Information on the Global Study on Children Deprived of Liberty
* Chair of the Conference: M. Mykola GNATOVSKYY, president of the CPT
* Experts in: monitoring, deprivation of liberty of children, children's rights, juvenile justice systems, psychology and child development issues, communication with children, etc.
At least two representatives from all European Union countries; representatives from the countries member states of the Council of Europe; other key international representatives which include: representatives of Children's Ombudpersons & Mediators; representatives of National Prevention Mechanisms (NPMs under the OPCAT); representatives of National Human Rights Institutions (NHRIs); Members of regional monitoring bodies (the CPT, the Commissioner for Human Rights of the CoE); members of international monitoring bodies (the SPT); representatives from UN bodies or agencies (Committee on the Rights of the Child, Special Rapporteur on torture, Special Representative of the SG on Violence against Children, UNODC, UNICEF, OHCHR, UNHCR, etc.) ; NGOs working in the field of children's rights, deprivation of liberty, juvenile justice; other regional monitoring bodies (Africa, Latin America, MENA, Asia, etc.); other regional institutions (International Organisation of la Francophonie, Inter-American Court on HR, ACECR, etc.); European Union officials; Members of EU Parliament (MEP's); UN officials; Members of DCI sections and everyone demonstrating an interest in the topics.
A photo exhibition will gather pictures taken in the framework of a participatory workshop with young people deprived of liberty in the closed centre in Saint-Hubert (Belgium) in August 2015. Workshop organised by DCI-Belgium with Thomas FRETEUR, photographer, and with the collaboration of Jeunesse & Droit. Activity and exhibition funded by the Houtman Fund.
Free sign up for the European Finale Conference.
A copy of the Guide (in English or French) and of its explanatory brochure will be distributed to every participant.
cheap shoes nike dunk sb silver box collection - Low shoes - GiftofvisionShops - nike jordans retro 1 camo shoes black friday deals , Sneakers - Women's shoes | Air Jordan 4 Retro "Metallic Red" - nike air lightning low shoes - CT8527 - 112